Friday, January 15, 2010

[Apology] Blocking by mistake

As of 1/6/2010, I modified the Blocking Policy, I added
"Failed installation/script removed blogs — Script installed without key or incomplete installation. Blogs have removed the script. (Added on 1/6/2010)"
At beginning of this year, many blogs have reach 3-month reviewing period. So, I started to review those blogs which haven't got accepted or blocked. I found out many of them are not using Key or installed the script incorrectly causing BRPS not working. I don't bother to notify the blogs owners, I don't have that free time to do so. Besides, the error message has been showing up for more than a month, how could a blogger not checking there own posts after publishing?

The second part of the addition, "Blogs have removed the script," it's also true that many blogs have removed the script after installing. I see no harm to block them since they don't use BRPS anymore, by blocking them so they won't show up after 3 month for reviewing.

But I made a huge mistake, because I check HTML source code in home page. If you install the script into your Template, not by adding a new HTML/JavaScript gadget, then the script wouldn't show up, they would only show up in a single post page.

I forgot that part, therefore I must have blocked some. By the time I found out, I had no idea how many had been blocked by that mistake.

So, if you install the code into your Template, just go ahead to ask for unblocking. I will check up as soon as possible. (I will still review first to check your content)

Sincere apology to you.
Sorry, again!

5 comments:

  1. It was no biggie.

    Congrats on your success by the way. How long's it been, a year? And I saw you released the code (or was this always the case?) I'm a noob at python and stuff so I can't really take advantage of that. But with so many people using BRPS it's probably best to use your version because there's a better chance the code is already cached on the visitor's browser. And it's not like you don't listen to requests.

    I'm surprised Blogger hasn't contacted you about making this an official widget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alain-Christian, BRPS has been operating about a year and a few months, and it's GPL'ed since it went to public.

    Blogger has never contacted me, but I am not surprise since BRPS isn't really a big thing. It only serve 100+ blogs every hour. Before key enforced, it's around 300 or 400+ blogs.

    Blogger has million times blogs than a hundred. BRPS' visibility is insignificant, but honestly, I don't want it goes popular because I wouldn't be able to support the fee of operating.

    Anyway, thanks for your support!

    Good blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I meant by official is Blogger making a widget based on your code and hosting it themselves and incorporating it into blogger.

    BTW, I haven't made a post about your excellent service yet on my blog. I don't get HUGE numbers but a lot of people visit the site. Should I go ahead and tell them about the service or would you rather I didn't?

    I'm asking because you said you don't want it to be too popular. I'm not saying I have the power to do that but I'm asking just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Blogger doesn't need my code. They can do much better.

    I think it's okay if you want to write about BRPS and thanks ahead if you would do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I will totally tell my readers about BRPS. It's a shame how I haven't already.

    ReplyDelete

This is not for posting your problems. If you have any in using BRPS, please post at here.